08.00 - 16.30Contact Details
Wat Chong Kham is the oldest temple of Mae Hong Son. It was built on the bank of Nong Chong Kham swamp in 1827 by Thai Yai artisans who gilded pillars with golden flakes. The main hall houses a large Buddha statue with a width of 4.85 meters cast by Burmese craftsmen. Another statue is a replica of the Buddha image in Wat Suthat in Bangkok. There also is a small museum displays the wooden sculptures that are carved by Burmese craftsmen more than 150 years ago.
Opening hours: 6am-6pm
Contact: 0 5361 2982, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting there: It’s on Chamnarmsathit Road in the middle of Mae Hong Son town.